Subject: [Leica] DNG
From: hopsternew at gmail.com (Geoff Hopkinson)
Date: Sat, 12 Apr 2014 08:18:18 +1000

Yes the operative word is *Converted* DNG.
Native DNG files from Leica digital cameras are supported.
I have never tried the DxO Optics Pro program myself. Reading from their
website, one function is that it apparently decrypts any optical
corrections made in camera and adjusts those according to its own
algorithms.  Those in camera processing optical corrections can be an
important part of the image chain in some systems, notably Micro Four
Thirds for example.
Leica Camera does not use any optical corrections  as part of in camera
processing. Their approach of course is to do so as part of the lens design.
There are other considerations (eg commercial arrangements) regarding
encryption of some information in some raw (not RAW) formats but those are
separate issues.

Cheers
Geoff
http://www.pbase.com/hoppyman