Subject: [Leica] Comparing film and digital resolution
From: hlritter at bex.net (Howard Ritter)
Date: Sat, 12 Apr 2014 00:45:42 -0400

Oh, I absolutely agree. The film images in my repertoire that please me the
most don?t depend on resolution to do so (sometimes not even focus ;-).
For example, the images of the skateboarders in London (link just now
posted) would not be improved in the least by tack-sharp resolution, any
more than by a shutter speed that would have frozen the boarder in mid-air.

Marginal detail does way less to degrade an image well seen and captured
than the best detail can possibly improve a mediocre one.

As a geek, as well as realizing that many applications do benefit from
however great a degree of resolution can be achieved, I just wanted to look
at how our technologies stacked up, both within themselves and compared to
each other.

Replies: Reply from mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner) ([Leica] Comparing film and digital resolution)
Message from richard at richardmanphoto.com (Richard Man) ([Leica] Comparing film and digital resolution)