Subject: [Leica] Comparing film and digital resolution
From: george.imagist at icloud.com (George Lottermoser)
Date: Sun, 13 Apr 2014 08:35:21 -0500

I think it fair to say that every "photographer" has within him or her:
a journalist, an artist, a scientist, a technician, a researcher, a
craftsman.

The ratio of these various interests varies greatly. Some of us put the
aesthetic qualities above all else. For others it may be the story. Some are
well balanced throughout the entire gamut.

I love the fact that our Doug Herr cares as much about the identification
and habits of his subjects as he does about the aesthetics, technique, and
technical.

I love that Nathan journals with passion and consistency, with just enough
concern for technical to achieve an admirably high quality journal.

I love that Chris Crawford maintains an outstandingly coherent aesthetic
point of view while documenting Indiana and every other place he sets foot;
with dedication and seriousness of purpose.

I love that Jim Shullman is dedicated to nostalgia, social subcultures, and
maintaining his umbilical cord to the past; while being fully present in the
oddest places.

I could go on and on expressing my love for every member of this wonderful
group; and their particular place on the a journalist, an artist, a
scientist, a technician, a researcher, a craftsman continuum.

There's only ONE Ted Grant - Photojournalist - Tech be damned - KISS - Love
you Ted.

a note off the iPad, George

Replies: Reply from hlritter at bex.net (Howard Ritter) ([Leica] Comparing film and digital resolution)
Message from red735i at verizon.net (Frank Filippone) ([Leica] Comparing film and digital resolution)