Subject: [Leica] OT: Sony Sucks, big time
From: jayanand at gmail.com (Jayanand Govindaraj)
Date: Mon, 14 Apr 2014 08:35:02 +0530

I agree, but who is more critical, the guys who design and build these
gizmos in the first place, or those who write a manual for it? I would much
rather have the gizmo without a manual, rather than no gizmo at all! We
need to think holistically about this. Students would study the Liberal
Arts in college, if it puts food in their stomach after passing out. As of
now it just leaves them with a $100k debt that in all probability can never
be repaid...
Cheers
Jayanand

On Mon, Apr 14, 2014 at 8:30 AM, Chris Crawford <
chris at chriscrawfordphoto.com> wrote:

> You still need people who can write. It used to be that businesses in the
> United States hired people with English degrees to write instruction
> manuals, ad copy, etc. Now, universities have introduced bullshit
> corporate vocational degrees with names like "Professional Communications"
> and businesses hire the graduates of such programs instead of liberal arts
> grads. What's the difference? Liberal arts people think too much;
> "Communications" graduates do what they're told, regardless of how
> dishonest, immoral, or illegal the job they're handed.
>
> --
> Chris Crawford
> Fine Art Photography
> Fort Wayne, Indiana
> 260-437-8990260-437-8990

> Become a fan on Facebook
>

> On 4/13/14 10:35 PM, "Jayanand Govindaraj" <jayanand at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> >Jim, But Liberal Arts majors are incapable of designing TVs or
> >manufacturing them in the first place! (-: So what is your point?
> >Cheers
> >Jayanand

Call
Send SMS