Subject: [Leica] IMG: Mosquito <<<<<<<< VIG
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (tedgrant at shaw.ca)
Date: Thu, 17 Apr 2014 16:28:15 -0700

Tina Manley asked:

Subject: Re: [Leica] IMG: Mosquito
> That lens does seem to vignette more than my others, except for the 21/2.8
> which is even worse.  Is it too distracting? VIGNETTING??????<<<<

Hi Tina and Jim,,

Now that's an interesting observation. Me? Well that shot opened and my
re-action immediately...
"Good on ya Tina another neat smiling face shot!!" :-)

Blue sky??? Neat blue sky as a fully positive comment! Due to the
lens,,,,,,,,, cool! Because in the good old days of film, we would have
burned down those corners and sky for a greater impact as a sort of "slight
framing of the subject." it must be very subtle!

Having the lens do it automatically beats the hell out of hand doing it.

TODAY?  Some times while making digi prints I fall back on my olden day
experience and "BURN IN" the corners , sometimes along the bottom and or
even in sky areas that need to be darkened slightly.

These movements of course shouldn't be so obvious that you have done it. A
slight burn top=bottom and sides can be very enhancing if done magically!
Adding to the framing of the main subject!But then all you folks know that
one already! ;-) ;-)

cheers,
ted