Subject: [Leica] Ndutu photos and Anzac day
From: hopsternew at gmail.com (Geoff Hopkinson)
Date: Fri, 25 Apr 2014 16:04:08 +1000

Hello Alastair and Helen. My Grandfather served in Gallipoli also and the
Middle East. Gallipoli did  contribute to forging our national identity
there too.He did come home at the end of the Great War as well although
other family did not. As best as I can determine he would have sailed
in the second fleet along-side your Grandfather too. As to the account of
the campaign, despite the efforts of revisionists since, the ANZACs (and
other Allied forces) did serve bravely as did the Turkish forces too.  Many
many never returned to their families.

regards
Geoff
http://www.pbase.com/hoppyman