Subject: [Leica] M240 menus...
From: hopsternew at gmail.com (Geoff Hopkinson)
Date: Fri, 2 May 2014 07:53:52 +1000

That is a surprising impression to read Steve. I have got rid of two micro
four thirds camera that made great photos and were very clever designs
simply because the menu controls were so mystifying for me. I have a Nikon
dSLR whose menu I can drive. It has many more options available but is
logical and consistent.
But the M8, M9 and now M (Typ 240) for me are easily the simplest and most
intuitive. Much depends on familiarity and practice with any camera I
guess. For only a few hundred frames with the S2 and S I had to think and
remember quite a bit as I learnt for those first experiences.
The M (Typ 240) has grown some more options of course, related to the movie
functions for example and GPS. Stuff I never look at. Then the usual set
once for functions you actually use and not have to visit those often?
The differences between selection and setting and having more than one way
to do things maybe are what is frustrating you at this point? I really like
how much and how quickly you can work with the scroll wheel on the M (Typ
240) personally.

Cheers
Geoff
http://www.pbase.com/hoppyman