Subject: [Leica] Scanning Tri-X
From: pklein at threshinc.com (Peter Klein)
Date: Thu, 01 May 2014 23:04:53 -0700

Thanks, Mark, Richard, Ken.

If I decide to do B&W film more, I will certainly develop my own film.
The tanks and such are still in my garage.  And I did quite a lot of
scanning before I went digital.

The way I scan, I do my best to get the entire range of the negative
into a 16-bit TIFF, perhaps minus the specular highlights. Then I mess
with curves, spotting, local contrast, and "dodging and burning" in
Picture Window Pro. I might want to fool around with the files in
Capture One if that's possible, I haven't checked yet.

Since the "Nurse" photo, I've worked up this one from the same roll. I
like it.
<https://www.flickr.com/photos/24844563 at N04/14085787215/>

--Peter

<http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/pklein/album170/GrainAliasTriX4Kvs2Kdpi.JPG.html>