Subject: [Leica] Ted NYC
From: robertbaron1 at gmail.com (Robert Baron)
Date: Fri, 2 May 2014 10:12:23 -0500

===On Fri, May 2, 2014 at 12:33 AM, Jayanand Govindaraj
<jayanand at gmail.com>wrote:

> Nice series, but what surprised me was the average age of the people who
> attended. Not one under 60 as I could make out. I wonder why there were no
> young photographers present? Was it an invitation only event?

Actually there were a number of younger people at the Leica Gallery opening
reception on Thursday 4/24 but I suspect Chris intentionally photographed
and posted photos of LUG members, they being of more interest to this forum.

On the morning after the opening I dropped by B&H to find and buy a small
bounceable flash and I also stopped by the Olympus/Fuji/Panasonic 'booth'
to look at lenses for my Olympus OMD-E-M1.  (I didn't buy any but it was
nice to be able to physically see and hold something rather than having to
order it online and wait for it to come in before deciding if I like it.)

I had an M9 hanging around my neck and in a place like B&H that can be a
conversation starter; in this case I was surprised to find myself
discussing with these young(er) sales people their interest  - and that of
their friends - in film photography and their use of community darkrooms to
develop and print their images.

I think this may be a trend.  Not for me, but good for them.

--Bob

Replies: Reply from csaganich at gmail.com (Chris Saganich) ([Leica] Ted NYC)
Reply from george.imagist at icloud.com (George Lottermoser) ([Leica] Ted NYC)
Message from jayanand at gmail.com (Jayanand Govindaraj) ([Leica] Ted NYC)