Subject: [Leica] IMG: Subway Songs
From: robertbaron1 at gmail.com (Robert Baron)
Date: Wed, 7 May 2014 12:37:45 -0500

====On Wed, May 7, 2014 at 11:22 AM, George Lottermoser <
george.imagist at icloud.com> wrote:

> On May 7, 2014, at 7:42 AM, Robert Baron wrote:
>
> > Is sharpness overrated?
> >
> > Is it a bourgeois concept?
> >

> http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Bob+Baron/W_L3004590SubwayMusicV3.jpg.html

> In this case "sharpness" unnecessary
> the composition, tonality, sense of movement
> all work together
> in harmony with the subject.
>
> That does not mean, to me,
> that sharpness is overrated; or a bourgeois concept.
> In most cases "sharpness"
> "focus accuracy" and "lack of camera movement"
> enhance the "photographic qualities"
> of a well composed and conceived photographic image.
>
> The exceptions exist
> as in this case
> though they're few and far between.

Thanks, George, for the thoughtful response.  I (and the rest of the
OKCLUG) have been considering this shot from my brief stay in NYC two weeks
ago and perhaps I should have used the emoticon for 'tongue in cheek'
(there is one, isn't there?) when I posted my note. The more I look at it
the more I like it and I think it may go to print at some point.  It was
shot at 1/25 ISO 800 according the exif and I wonder if an increase in ISO
and a corresponding increase in shutter speed might have improved it, but
there wasn't time and in any event the way those subway cars rattle and
shake it probably would have needed 1/4000 and studio strobes to stop the
action.,

--Bob

Replies: Reply from philippe.amard at sfr.fr (Philippe) ([Leica] IMG: Subway Songs)
Message from george.imagist at icloud.com (George Lottermoser) ([Leica] IMG: Subway Songs)