Subject: [Leica] Violins, lenses and cameras
From: jplaurel at gmail.com (Jim Laurel)
Date: Fri, 16 May 2014 15:36:11 -0700

Good post, Peter. The same applies to hi-fi. In some discussion groups,
people who are concerned about every step of their audio reproduction chain
are derided as not having a clue about science and electronics. Sometimes,
those who purchase high definition audio content (above ?redbook? 16 bit /
44.1 kHz) are attacked and told they should study the Nyquist Theorem to
learn the truth. Some say nothing matters but the performance itself.

But as with photography, it all matters. The artist?s performance, the
quality of the recording, the digital-analog converter, the preamplifier,
the amplifier and the speakers.