Subject: [Leica] Violins, lenses and cameras
From: john.nebel at csdco.com (John Nebel)
Date: Sat, 17 May 2014 17:22:39 -0600

I think Nathan is referring to an article in the Proceedings of the National
Academy of Sciences of the US
<http://www.pnas.org/content/early/2012/01/02/1114999109?tab=author-info>.
also found it interesting, and one can also take the view that it's
surprising
how well the old instruments held up to the new ones.  The test as I read it
was
the best of the new instruments (very expensive, but accessible) vs the best
of
the old (astronomically expensive, generally owned by collectors, I think).

John