Subject: [Leica] Male Rufous with new lens
From: cummer at netvigator.com (H&ECummer)
Date: Sun, 18 May 2014 07:53:56 -0700

Hi Ted,
Many thanks for looking and for the encouraging comments.
They are always especially appreciated - coming from the Master!
Thanks again.
Howard

Date: Sat, 17 May 2014 11:46:34 -0700
From: <tedgrant at shaw.ca>
Subject: Re: [Leica] Male Rufous with new lens
To: "Leica Users Group" <lug at leica-users.org>

H&E Cummer OFFERED:

> Hi Luggers,
> While in Vancouver last week helping Esther babysit Aubrey aka "Hank the
> Tank"
> I managed to buy the new Nikon 80 - 400 AF VR zoom and this morning back
> on Pender
> I have captured my first hummingbird picture with the lens - using the 1.7
> extender for an
> effective focal length of 650 mm and a maximum aperture of f9.5.
>
> <http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Howard+Cummer/Hummers2014/7229c.jpg.html>

Hi Howard,
A smashing great image!  But what you prove once again? It's the talents of
the user that sorts out "A super talented shooter" in how the equipment
preforms and captures the moment so excellently!

Good on you as it's a beauty without question!

cheers,
ted