Subject: [Leica] Vision problems, the saga continues
From: pklein at threshinc.com (Peter Klein)
Date: Sat, 24 May 2014 23:39:44 -0700

It's a good thought, Jay. But that's not what they told me.  I called
them a month or two ago, and they said that they only had a +2.0, which
is way too much. Anything else, I'd have to order through them, as they
didn't normally stock them. I'm pretty sure I need either a +0.5 or a
-0.5, but I don't know which without trying.  What I'll probably do is
go to the the drug store with the M8 and mess with the reading glasses.
I believe they have +0.5 readers, and if that goes in the wrong
direction, I can infer the minus.  Or go to a local optometrist, or ask
my regular eye doc if he'll give me a couple of minutes with his trial
diopter lenses when I have my next appointment.  I just don't want to
order an expensive Leica diopter blind.

--Peter