Subject: [Leica] Dad's Brick
From: abridge at mac.com (Adam Bridge)
Date: Mon, 26 May 2014 20:56:50 -0700

It?s the day, I suppose. I read Tennyson so from ?Ulysses?

'Tis not too late to seek a newer world.
Push off, and sitting well in order smite
the sounding furrows; for my purpose holds
To sail beyond the sunset, and the baths
Of all the western stars, until I die.
It may be that the gulfs will wash us down;
It may be that we shall touch the Happy Isles,
And see the great Achilles, whom we knew.
Though much is taken, much abides; and though
We are not now that strength which in old days
Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are---
One equal temper of heroic hearts,
Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.

I salute all who served, who serve, who will serve, hopeful that the
Republic will rise to the honor of those who fell for it.

Adam