Subject: [Leica] IMG: How to eat an artichoke
From: pklein at threshinc.com (Peter Klein)
Date: Tue, 27 May 2014 15:49:30 -0700

Tina:  It's just the way Katya does it, so I do it, too.  She steams
them rather than boiling.  She makes a flat cut that chops off most of
the the thorny leaf tips, then she stands them in the pot upside down so
the steam goes directly up into the leaves. Upside down on the plate is
probably just a carryover from that.

Another interesting tidbit:  Katya never had artichokes in the USSR.
She first learned about them from an Iranian woman in Boston. But she
learned to cook them from a cookbook I had when we got married.

--Peter