Subject: [Leica] IMG: Peachy Pie
From: richard at richardmanphoto.com (Richard Man)
Date: Tue, 27 May 2014 17:58:26 -0700

http://richardmanphoto.com/PICS/20140527-Scanned-359.jpg
http://richardmanphoto.com/PICS/20140517-Scanned-334.jpg

I met Peachy Pie at Anime LA 2014. She is a full time student majoring in
art design, and has been going to anime cons for 5 years. While she makes
her own costumes, she calls herself "pretty new" at sewing.

Peachy Pie: "The best part of cosplay is getting it done, wearing it, and
becoming the character."

"If you play the game (Zelda games), Princess Agitha seems to have
Aspergers. She is quirky and seems to be shy... she has "something", like
the positions of her hands. She won't really make eye contact very much. I
have Aspergers myself, but it's not really bad. If people ask, I would tell
them... Now that I am older, I can see from her that that's how I was."

It took me another 5+ months to connect with Peachy Pie to photograph her
"out of costumes."

For the https://www.facebook.com/Transformations.CosplayPortraits project.

--
// http://facebook.com/richardmanphoto