Subject: [Leica] IMG: The Winning Card
From: george.imagist at icloud.com (George Lottermoser)
Date: Thu, 29 May 2014 14:03:22 -0500

On May 29, 2014, at 12:46 PM, Tina Manley wrote:

> Thanks, George.  Less saturation:

;~)

> I think I prefer the color one this time, though. No saturation added!

'tis not a matter of whether one adds saturation or not.
Our digital sensors do not record colors accurately off the shelf.

I so often look at images where reds and yellows are devoid of detail
because of the out of camera saturation.
Upon dialing back the red (or yellow, or?) all of a sudden we see all the
micro detail that resides beneath the the over saturated color hid.

Regards,
George Lottermoser

http://www.imagist.com
http://www.imagist.com/blog