Subject: [Leica] IMG: My mamma did street photography
From: pklein at threshinc.com (Peter Klein)
Date: Fri, 30 May 2014 00:26:19 -0700

Today I spent some time going through the boxes of photos left by my
late mother. I posted a 1949 trip photo from the Grand Canyon earlier
today. Evidently the trip inspired her to get a better camera, and she
bought the Bolsey B2 rangefinder that she used for most of her life.  I
still have it.   I found some Plus-X negatives rolled up in little
cardboard tubes, and some corresponding prints developed by
Willoughby's. The prints were marked "1949."  I also found notes
recording the exposures. I'm pretty sure this was her very first roll of
35mm film (her older photos were taken with my grandfather's folding
camera).

Evidently she walked around the city taking pictures of things and
noting down the exposure (I found the notes).  Most of them wouldn't
interest anyone but me, but this one is a bona fide street shot.

<https://www.flickr.com/photos/24844563 at N04/14116847180/>

It appears that after that first roll of Plus-X, she switched to
Kodachrome, and stuck with its various incarnations for the rest of her
life.

--Peter