Subject: [Leica] Color or B&W
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (tedgrant at shaw.ca)
Date: Wed, 25 Jun 2014 08:34:29 -0700

Tina Manley showed & offered:

 > I reduced the saturation in this one but the color is still distracting:

> I was surprised at the apparent difference in detail of face and hands when
> I converted to B&W:

Hi Tina,
But you shot it from the "SHADOW SIDE!" That made more than half the battle
won right there!!!!! The B&W conversion made it perfect!!!!!! As soon as you
went "click!"! ;-) A little tweaking in the "darkroom?" ;-) And away you go!
Hot dang a "WINNER!!!" :-)

And as I've said more than once before. "When you photograph people in
colour, you photograph their clothes! But when you shoot them (or in this
case) convert to B&W? You've captured their Soul!"

A slight modification from the days of film! ;-)  Just have to love it in
B&W, absolutely no question!

cheers,
ted