Subject: [Leica] More on film
From: lluisripollphotography at gmail.com (Lluis Ripoll)
Date: Tue, 1 Jul 2014 18:36:24 +0200

Peter,

Thank you very much for your comment, it has been really interesting for me,
I share I?m not fully happy with some of my film scans, it could be several
reason:

a) I did an exposure mistake (I can mistake one or some? but no all)

b) Lens or camera: As you can see on the examples I post here the contrast
is similar with the old Collapsible Summicron and the Elmarit 21

c) Scanner: I have other scans with the Plustek and I?m happy

d) Development: This is my conclusion, bad development. On certain of these
pictures high lights are over exposed (developed) and shadows are not deep,
lack of contrast. Here I show scanned films developed by me in 1991, much
more rich in tones.

Here I post on the LUG Gallery some examples, better to compare:

<http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/luisrq/Miscellaneous/2014061001.jpg.html>
Concert: M3, Elmarit 21, TX

<http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/luisrq/Miscellaneous/2014061027.jpg.html>
Happy: M3, Summicron Collapsible, TX

<http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/luisrq/Miscellaneous/199103613.jpg.html>
Rain (Sitges 1991): Leica R3 Summicron 50, HP5 (Developed by me)

<http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/luisrq/Miscellaneous/2014061205.jpg.html>
El Afilador Juan Robledo: MF Rolleiflex TLR Planar 80mm, Across 100

The problem is that I don?t want again develop my films, the water quality
is worst and up to now I was happy with the service of the professional Lab,
they develop with X-Tol, my usual developer was Ilford ID 11.

Thanks for take a look and let me know what do you think

Cheers
Lluis

El 01/07/2014, a las 11:09, Peter Dzwig <pdzwig at summaventures.com>
escribi?: