Subject: [Leica] Speechless
From: reid at mejac.palo-alto.ca.us (Brian Reid)
Date: Tue, 01 Jul 2014 19:47:41 -0700

I just retrieved from my postal mailbox an envelope whose contents I
fear that everybody knows aobut except me. Thank you. I am speechless.

When the LUG server caught fire I moved things to the only spare server
I had, which is kinda low-end, but which works. This will enable me to
get the right server and to install it on a schedule and not in response
to a crisis.

Wow. Thank you.

I haven't been reading the LUG for several weeks now, because I had to
take time off work to do the emergency repairs and then I had to catch
up on my work.

I think I promised to write up an explanation of what the problem was,
and I don't remember writing it. I'll do that tonight, for those of you
who might care.  I'll try to keep it comprehensible.

I think I'm going to get two of these:
        http://www.ironsystems.com/products/servers/EE-Class/EE1740
suitably equipped with RAM and SSD. The LUG Gallery server is 5 years
old and will fail eventually. Think of how much more sleep I'll get if I
can replace it on schedule rather than in response to a crisis.

You people are the best. Thank you!

Brian Reid
LUG Saloonkeeper

Replies: Reply from richard at richardmanphoto.com (Richard Man) ([Leica] Speechless)