Subject: [Leica] New camera works
From: hopsternew at gmail.com (Geoff Hopkinson)
Date: Sun, 13 Jul 2014 18:47:11 +1000

Possibly a drive by gloat ;-)
I had two photoshoots today, the bulk of which were fashion for a young
edgier label.
 Thanks to some excellent support by Leica here I managed to get a standard
lens for my second hand S2 very quickly. The camera worked perfectly
whichever I did my part and I'm very happy to say that we got through about
a thousand frames with it.  Not a bad start with a camera hat has done
about 1500 frames in the first two years of its life. I did find it easy to
saturate the 1GB buffer working at a fast rate, something that is
impossible to do with the M (the S2 about like the M9 in that regard but
with bigger files of course). I was using my M as well which means about
another 1,000 frames. Quite extraordinary. Now there will be a looong
period of just copying the files into my computer, all 126GB of them! Could
not have done it with film!
First looks soon.

Cheers
Geoff