Subject: [Leica] Wondering About Canvas?
From: montoid at earthlink.net (Montie)
Date: Sat, 19 Jul 2014 08:19:40 -0400 (GMT-04:00)

Thanks, makes sense, I've read about Monet 410, have yet to
use any, however.

Montie

>>Montie,
I print on canvas now and then. It suits those photographs which have
an Impressionist, ethereal quality, and IMHO really is only good for
colour. It is also good for those photographs which are not totally
sharp, but which you like otherwise, because it imparts a painterly
quality which disguises the blurry effect. B&W is better suited to
high quality Baryta or Matte paper. That said, the best canvas to my
mind is Hahnemuhle Monet Canvas 410. My two bits.
Cheers
Jayanand