Subject: [Leica] Wondering About Canvas?
From: montoid at earthlink.net (Montie)
Date: Sat, 19 Jul 2014 15:21:39 -0400 (GMT-04:00)

Thanks, Bob, for the Picture Element info, and yes, the test is what
matters.  ;-) Like the idea of low texture as well. Much appreciated.

Montie

>I've made several large landscape prints on canvas. Well, actually, I've
had them made for me as you must spray them afterwards to protect the
surface from UV and dust, etc. Spraying right requires a clean room and
personal ventilation protection. I've had them either wrap stretched and
hung without a frame or placed in a floating frame.

These were professionally printed and framed by Picture Element in Santa
Clara; Mike Chambers is a master printer used by many well known bay area
artists (Charles Cramer jumps to mind). I do my work with him remotely
other than pickup, but he ships everywhere (audacious plug for a nice guy
who needs the business).

Anyway, the prints are gorgeous. He has standardized on a specific canvas.
I have sold quite a few because they really look like photos with a bit of
texture. They are quite elegant in their own way. The floating frames are
wonderful too, putting a black space between the canvas and the frame which
really makes an impact.

My advice is do a 17x22 test print an see what you think. Isn't that what
really matters?
Best,
Bpb