Subject: [Leica] Mamiya 6
From: chris at chriscrawfordphoto.com (Chris Crawford)
Date: Mon, 21 Jul 2014 05:17:26 -0400

Thanks, Richard. I am still shooting the Mamiya 6! I used it with the 50mm
lens and Ilford Delta 3200 film at EI-1600 for this photo. That let me
handhold the shot; it was early evening and this is in the shade because
of the trees. The exposure was 1/30 at f11.

The Mamiya 6 is wonderful. I have always loved 6x6; the square format
works for my work well (though I did crop this photo a bit on the sides),
but other 6x6 cameras I have used were not really handholdable. I had a
Mamiya C330f when I was younger, and shot my art school graduation project
on it:

http://chriscrawfordphoto.com/chris-results.php?category=60

Loved the image quality, and the fact that the camera and lenses were
inexpensive, but it was too heavy for me to hold, and using it on a tripod
was a pain because of the waist level finder (I know they made a prism,
but I didn't have one...was a poor student then). I had to sell it after
college because I needed money. Later, I was able to get a Hasselblad.
Same problems, except I did have a prism for it, but the lenses were very
heavy. Sold it and got the Mamiya 6 a year and a half ago.

Wish I'd just begun with the Mamiya 6, it is perfect. I had not shot a
single frame of 35mm film since getting it, until last week when I shot a
roll to use for a developing demonstration for someone who paid me to
teach her to develop film. The student (who is actually a high school art
teacher) shoots only 35, so I used it for my lesson.

--
Chris Crawford
Fine Art Photography

Become a fan on Facebook