Subject: [Leica] Sony A7R
From: davidhhching at yahoo.com.sg (David Ching)
Date: Tue, 2 Sep 2014 12:13:53 +0700

Concur with you. The A7R is shockingly loud. Might just change to the 7S
just to avoid giving heart attacks to others.

Try out the D810. I much prefer it to the D800E. It's significantly quieter
and at the Q mode, my partner tells me she loves the sound. Women are
somewhat rather discerning I must admit. Once she stopped me from shooting
with my D800E in a live concert. Even at Single shot mode, it's darn quiet,
softer than the Q of the D800E.

Knowing that you take lots of long distance shots, cropping is obviously a
must-have for you.
Unfortunately the A7R will frighten off the wild animals in your safari
expeditions quite certainly.
The zoom seems somewhat large still; well it's a DSLR full frame. I use the
Minolta 100-300mm AF and its great. The Soft Focus Minolta 100mm seems to be
sharper and faster focusing than the 100mm Minolta macro if you ask me.
Another must-buy if you so decide to go this route as Sony FE mount lenses
are about as rare as unicorns in Africa (?).

Enjoy your stint with the A7R. Read some rumours that Sony is releasing a
50MP camera at Photokina this month. Have put away my A7R since I traded for
the D810. And my Fuji XT1, X100S... Love it with the 85/1.4G. Somewhat more
satisfying than the earlier my earlier combo. The new Group AF is a great
feature. Increasingly closer to its D4/S sibling with its new EXPEED 4
sensor. Wonder what Nikon has up its sleeve this month for this pro camera.

Best,

David Ching

H.P. Tel. no.: +84 904684321 (Vietnam)
                    : +65 92321098 (Singapore)