Subject: [Leica] Glass Menagerie w/ Leica 45 2.8 (warning: contains photos)
From: leicaslacker at gmail.com (kyle cassidy on the lug)
Date: Mon, 4 Aug 2014 09:32:01 -0400

http://kylecassidy.livejournal.com/792091.html

I love working with actors because it's their job to make fantasy reality.
When you're telling some CEO "ok, now look smart" most of the time they're
thinking about their lunch or their next meeting or some article they're
writing but the one thing they're not really thinking about is how to make
your photo amazing. Actors are thinking how to make your photo amazing. You
can give them individual words, you can give them fake scenarios, you can
give them moods and they go with it. When director Joshua Browns asked if I
wanted to work with some of Philadelphia's best actors to do some photos for
the Commonwealth Classic Theater production of Tennessee Williams' The Glass
Menagerie I was very happy.

There's not a whole lot visual to The Glass Menagerie, it's a play about
memory and the interactions of a family, but it's not a play where a house
falls on a witch, so any visuals have to be subtler.

The relationship between members of the family is extremely complicated and
this is what the whole play is about, so I new I needed to do something that
told who everybody was and how they got along in a single image. The cast
have two hours to tell the story, the photographer has three seconds as
someone drives past a bus shelter poster, so you've got to get it right
fast.

Leica 45mm f2.8, one photek soft lighter ii masquerading as window light.

Replies: Reply from topoxforddoc at btinternet.com (Charlie Chan) ([Leica] Glass Menagerie w/ Leica 45 2.8 (warning: contains photos))