Subject: [Leica] IMG: My Daughter
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (Ted Grant)
Date: Mon, 4 Aug 2014 11:04:27 -0700

Richard Man SHOWED:

>>> Another one with my younger daughter. We go to the coast together at
least
once a year. Our special time to connect with nature.
http://richardmanphoto.com/PICS/20140804-Scanned-423-Edit.jpg
and  http://richardmanphoto.com/PICS/20140728-Scanned-421.jpg  <<<<<<<<<<

Hi Richard,
A family moment never to be forgotten, certainly when a few "happy snaps are
taken!" Then put small prints in a "PHOTO ALBUM!" As many have done in the
long gone family years. And yes some of us still do via computer-inkjet
printer today! WHY?

We take photos today of family moments, they are usually left in the
computer to show to friends and family. HOWEVER? That's become a great big
pain in the butt for many. "Gather around folks while I fire-up the
computer!" Turn on computer, fiddle about opening and finding "photo album
file?"  Not everyone can see pictures because "computer room is a shade
bigger than a closet." Or it isn't situated in a room where everyone can see
the photos properly.

Some folks, us included have gone back to creating a family photo album with
real-time 4X6 prints. Only the real keepers. The others leave in the
computer machine or delete?

Folks visit? Now sitting on the couch we pop out an album, they sit there
with welcoming drink. And album on the lap! How convenient can that be?
Quite frankly I've found it to be far more rewarding in enjoyments of family
life, as it used to be about 60, nay, 75 years ago at least? We still have
photo albums from prior to WW2!

The bottom-line importance for photographers are the photos we have of our
children growing and maturing as well as ourselves as we mature. " NOTICE I
DIDN'T SAY GETTING "OLD!" :-) Those who think "OLD?" will "BE OLD IN EVERY
SPECK OF THEIR LIVES!" Always enjoy wonderful thoughts and as much as you
can, enjoying youthful thoughts and action! OK the action? Like I said
"enjoy it as much as our sometimes weary bodies allow us to."  But it is
essential to always fight for our youthful thoughts, a camera in hand or
nearby to use!!  Dang, that's the best part of all! :-) That camera in hand
and still clicking it! :-)

This is a "holiday day here in Canada" so I'm just fiddling the computer as
this is the last post! Then I'm out in the garden enjoying "MY YOUTHFUL
FEELINGS" Well Ok, "as much as my wild and weary body will allow me. " :-)

Have a good one folks! OH yeah I'll have a camera out in the garden just
in-case the deer come by! :-) Gotta love living here. :-)

cheers,
ted