Subject: [Leica] Great Sand Dunes National Park
From: george.imagist at icloud.com (George Lottermoser)
Date: Sat, 09 Aug 2014 20:44:16 -0500

Yes. A very spiritual experience.
There's some film and silver prints in the archive somewhere.
As I'm moving in the next couple months;
and never really unpacked from the studio move a couple years ago;
i don't know if I'll ever get back into those old files.

My scanners are out dated and barely functional, SCSI and all.

Long ago I determined that film is best printed by contact or fine enlargers.

If I'm going to print digitally - may as well photograph to a Digital Sensor.

I may change my mind if I ever settle into a work space that will allow me
to work with the film. My 3 light tables are all dust covered in a Quonset
Building. Can't decide if I'll try and sell them; or scrap them with the
enlargers. Saying goodbye to a work-flow, the darkroom, the enlargers, the
brown glass, beakers, 30x40 stainless steel trays, stainless steel drying
cabinet, 3 stainless sinks. A couple years ago I took a chain saw to the
fiberglass sinks? a life, The building that I designed, drew and built? will
be leveled and become a parking lot? It's all crazy, sad and depressing? End
of era at the end of November? the move starts a week from Monday when we
close on the "new" place.

Though BEING THERE AT THE DUNES - with or without a camera - maybe even more
spiritual without the camera - remains one of the more awe inspiring places
I've been - lost in lines, forms, patterns and rhythms - looking back at
only my own foot prints reaching back - seemingly forever into the distance
- some of the memories

a note off the iPad, George

Message from images at comporium.net (Tina Manley) ([Leica] Great Sand Dunes National Park)
Message from george.imagist at icloud.com (George Lottermoser) ([Leica] Great Sand Dunes National Park)