Subject: [Leica] Oh Canada!
From: spencer at aotera.org (Spencer Cheng)
Date: Tue, 12 Aug 2014 11:10:35 -0400

It?s a tough job to screen visitors at borders. US Immigration agents
particularly lack any sense of humour. Be glad that you aren?t traveling on
a Chinese passport. Those lucky people get lots of attention. There is an
assumption that all them of them will try to stay in the USA illegally. It
takes a few months for them to get a visa. [And so on?]

As for actual Canadian passport holders, I always try to clear US
Immigration in Ottawa on the way out. If they decide not to let me into the
US, I can always go home to my own bed.

To make this semi-relevant to the LUG, I?ve never been asked by US or
Canadian Customs about Leica?s I was carrying. :)

Regards,
Spencer

Replies: Reply from grduprey at mchsi.com (grduprey at mchsi.com) ([Leica] Oh Canada!)
Message from nwajsman at gmail.com (Nathan Wajsman) ([Leica] Oh Canada!)