Subject: [Leica] Mouse?
From: lrzeitlin at aol.com (lrzeitlin at aol.com)
Date: Sat, 16 Aug 2014 20:11:03 -0400 (EDT)

Peter,
There are a number of ways of getting around mouse induced nerve
damage. First, as suggested, you can use your other hand on the mouse.
It may seem awkward at first but after a couple of days you will get
used to it. I sprained my arm badly a couple of years ago and was
forced to switch. No problem within a week. Second, you can use a
trackball. It can be used easily with either hand and even has push
buttons to handle all mouse functions. I have used a Logitech trackball
in my iMac for several years and much prefer it to a mouse. You will
also be surprised at how much desk space it frees up. It will work on
both PCs and Macs. Some keyboards even have track balls built in.
Third, try out a MacPro laptop the next time you go to a computer
store. Mac operating systems from OS 10.6 on enable you to perform all
mouse like actions on the large trackpad simply by moving your fingers.
You can scroll, enlarge the image, rotate the image, move it from side
to side and do other stuff without taking your hands from the keyboard.
It works just fine with the laptop on your desk, on your lap, or even
lying in bed. No desktop necessary at all.
Larry Z