Subject: [Leica] IMGs: For love of the black and white photography of Edward Weston, Minor White and W. Eugene Smith
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (Ted Grant)
Date: Wed, 10 Sep 2014 13:32:55 -0700

George Lottermoser OFFERED":
Subject: [Leica] IMGs: For love of the black and white photography of Edward
Weston, Minor White and W. Eugene Smith

<http://www.imagist.com/blog/?p=9177>

Hi George,
Your examples are quite surprising and had me saying to myself..."They look
like prints from B&W film!" Compared to a digital colour capture converted
to B&W!

A digital Colour to digital B&W print I don't think I've ever seen the
qualities we see in your images. Quite obviously a true B&W image and not a
re-make of colour to B&W?

You sure yer not fooling us and shot these on B&W film? ;-) ;-) There is a
smoothness throughout the B&W images that most obviously illustrates a B&W
image as though from B&W film? Now if I only had $14.== $15 thousand for a
couple of these magical machines I'd get right on shooting the final book
completing my trilogy on the Medical profession! Oh well lottery tickets in
my pocket! :-) Maybe this week will bring me a big time winning amount.:-)

Thanks for shooting and posting the subjects you did, as they surely
illustrate the beauty of this new LEICA B&W camera.

Thanks,
cheers,
ted

Replies: Reply from george.imagist at icloud.com (George Lottermoser) ([Leica] IMGs: For love of the black and white photography of Edward Weston, Minor White and W. Eugene Smith)