Subject: [Leica] Photokina 2016 Leica Press Release, Leica M Edition 666
From: richard at richardmanphoto.com (Richard Man)
Date: Thu, 18 Sep 2014 17:22:07 -0700

I understand that the Leica 007 (the name is Bond, James Bond) uses the M
T240 CMOS sensor, just scaled up to the S sensor size with the same pixel
pitch. So if one like the M240, then the S007 may be a logical companion.

Since I won't be buying an S007 any time soon, it's all academic to me. As
one blogger remarks, it's now the highest resolving lens line on the lowest
resolution medium format sensor. May be a brilliant move by Leica, may be
not. Time will tell.