Subject: [Leica] Teds comments
From: jayanand at gmail.com (Jayanand Govindaraj)
Date: Mon, 22 Sep 2014 23:14:50 +0530

Frank,
True, but you would probably not buy even then, and these "Special
Editions" do sell out fast, and also deliver the high margins required
to keep normal R&D chugging along in a company of Leica's size. A
judicious mix of the two is really the only sensible course for Leica
to prosper as a company.

Who can blame the company for the Digilux line either, when consumers,
it has been proven time and again, are only too willing to pay a hefty
premium for a red dot? Any self respecting luxury company will price
its products at what the market will bear, not on a cost plus basis.
After all, one of the fundamental tenets of the Laws of Contract is
"caveat emptor"...

Cheers
Jayanand