Subject: [Leica] Leica prices
From: jayanand at gmail.com (Jayanand Govindaraj)
Date: Thu, 25 Sep 2014 08:03:38 +0530

Doug,
The market is probably so miniscule as to make no business sense whatsoever
for Sony/Fuji to attempt to undercut Leica by introducing a similar
product. Leica, IMHO, have been very smart with the MM and its premium
pricing from a company point of view - owning a niche so as to be under no
pricing pressure whatsoever. Perfect. They also know their client base
inside out so as to design products that appeal to them in a major
emotional way, which is again, perfect marketing, because emotional
purchases take rational decision making out of the window - which allows
them to charge what the market will bear. I am totally impressed with their
marketing savvy.
Cheers
Jayanand

On Thu, Sep 25, 2014 at 6:35 AM, Douglas Nygren via LUG <lug at
leica-users.org