Subject: [Leica] Comparing Backlight B&W MM and Film
From: lluisripollphotography at gmail.com (Lluis Ripoll)
Date: Mon, 6 Oct 2014 03:25:32 +0200

I have scanned two film backlights from the year 2007 with Kodak Plus X,
Leica MP, lens ignored. Plustek scanner and Vuescan :

Carrer del Correu Vell
<http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/luisrq/Miscellaneous/2007031228LR5BN.jpg.html>

The Light Way
<http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/luisrq/Miscellaneous/2007031216LR5BN.jpg.html>

Please compare to the Leica Monochrom with Tri Elmar recently posted:

<http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/luisrq/Miscellaneous/20141003_L1001068__MMLR5BN.jpg.html>

All these pictures have a slightly touch of Silver Efex Pro, same toning
applied to all.

In my opinion I can?t say any better quality on film vs MM, except the grain
of course, I?ve don?t put it on the MM version, I consider it is artificial.
What do you think?

Thanks for looking, your c&c are greatly appreciated

Saludos cordiales
Lluis

Replies: Reply from leica at jayburleson.com (Jay Burleson) ([Leica] Comparing Backlight B&W MM and Film)
Reply from jayanand at gmail.com (Jayanand Govindaraj) ([Leica] Comparing Backlight B&W MM and Film)