Subject: [Leica] RV: Skies and clouds > George
From: george.imagist at icloud.com (George Lottermoser)
Date: Mon, 06 Oct 2014 14:50:08 -0500

On Oct 6, 2014, at 2:23 AM, Marc Dufour wrote:

> No mastery here, George, just a selection among thousands common
> pictures...
> Some have to result, time to time; the beauty already was here, just in
> front.
> Thanks a lot!

The noble, the artist, and the crane:

A rich noble once commissioned a famous artist to paint him a picture of a
crane.
The artist agreed, though he set a rather steep price, even for one as rich
as the noble.
The artist asked his patron to return in a month.

After a month, the noble returned to the house of the artist.
The artist told the noble that he required yet more money;
and another two months.

After a another two months the noble returned a second time.
The artist asked the noble to sit down, and said, ?Just a moment, please.?

The artist unrolled a piece of paper, grabbed his brush and paints, and
before the nobleman?s very eyes,
completed his painting of the crane. It was undeniably beautiful.
So lifelike was its pose, so delicate were the brushstrokes!

The noble, rather than being pleased, was furious.
?How can you expect me to pay so much for something that took you only a few
minutes to do??

The artist calmly walked over to a nearby cupboard and opened it.
Contained within were many dozens ? no, hundreds ?
perhaps thousands of less masterfully drawn cranes.

Mastery comes only from endless practice.

Regards,
George Lottermoser

http://www.imagist.com
http://www.imagist.com/blog