Subject: [Leica] Raining M240's on eBay
From: john at mcmaster.co.nz (John McMaster)
Date: Tue, 7 Oct 2014 20:00:40 +0000

I have bought some 'new' stuff from Popflash at less than retail prices. As
you say they are not allowed to discount it (although I get good prices from
my NZ dealer) but advertise the stuff as 9.88/10, i.e. not new even though
it is....

There is a newer body (M-P) but not enough of a difference to upgrade IMO.
Possibly people who started with other systems, moved to Leica after what
they have read but did not get on with it so moving back? My NZ dealer says
the M(240) market is very slow compared to the M9, no reason to upgrade for
many people.

john

I don't think the authorized dealers are allowed to discount their prices
and the non-authorized dealers are never given any stock to sell. These are
used M240's .... in supposedly very good/excellent condition. So I wonder
if there are performance issues creeping in or, as Jim suggests, a newer
body coming out. After all, switching ccd's gives room for upgrades on the
mp front.

-Lew Schwartz

Replies: Reply from richard at richardmanphoto.com (Richard Man) ([Leica] Raining M240's on eBay)
Message from jshulman at judgecrater.com (Jim Shulman) ([Leica] Raining M240's on eBay)