Subject: [Leica] Flip Shulke
From: billcpearce at cox.net (Bill Pearce)
Date: Tue, 14 Oct 2014 16:13:12 -0500

I remember these things from the very early seventies, when I was working
for a local TV station. One of my jobs was to take what we then called
wirephotos, stick the flimsy sheets of paper to a piece of black cardboard,
and hand color them with art markers. Seems so archaic now, but it was the
best we could do with the color options of the day. I'm thinking they were
operated on dedicated phone lines, as there was no other choice then, our
network stuff came over landlines supplied by the (evil) phone company.
Those were the days, ride our dinosaurs to work, hand color photos, then go
out and shoot silent film with clockwork powered cameras, and hit the air.