Subject: [Leica] Do you remember why you joined the LUG?
From: john at mcmaster.co.nz (John McMaster)
Date: Wed, 15 Oct 2014 21:00:31 +0000

I 'gave up' photography for a few years after leaving professional work, in
2000 I looked at Leica M6s but bought Contax G (G1, G2, 21, 35, 90) and a
Nikon 990. Used those for a few years before buying a APS-C Nikon, followed
a few years later by another one but never liked the results. When the M9
came out I got interested, broke out the Contax again to see if I could work
that way, then (in those naive days) looked a pros/cons compared to Canon 5D
inc prices.... I knew I would not use a big SLR often, seems odd now I often
use the S2, and looking for prime lenses.

Got an M9 thinking 21, 35, 50, 90 (1 of each) would keep me happy for
years...... Certainly those were my first four, followed by 28 and 75, then
the duplicates started! Only ever sold one Leica lens, 21mm Elmarit asph as
the SEM was my preference in every way

john

Every time I picked up my M6s, M8, R8 and DMR I remembered why I joined the
LUG

Since acquiring an M (240) and M Monochrom these reasons are reinforced on a
daily basis.
Feel
Fit and finish
50 years of Familiarity
And an equally long, unbroken line of
        functional, solid, precision system components including:
        Visoflex, bellows, rings, and tubes, etc.
Simplicity
Dependability
did I mention FEEL? - meaning ergonomics

Often when I see a subject line like, "My next Leica body may be a Fuji?"
I wonder if some have forgotten why they joined this list?

Do you remember why you joined this list?

Regards,
George Lottermoser

http://www.imagist.com
http://www.imagist.com/blog