Subject: [Leica] IMG: Another Monochrome Lighthouse
From: leica at jayburleson.com (Jay Burleson)
Date: Tue, 21 Oct 2014 19:24:49 -0700

Tina got that idea from me.
When you are moving fast, using two different cameras (color & b&w)
there are times when you do not have the luxury of completely evaluating
the scene and / or checking the clipping indicators of the MM.
By setting the exposure comp to -2/3 (or -1/3), you gain some measure of
assurance that you will not blow the highlights.

However, as I have discussed with Tina, getting a good exposure in all
cases will make the MM even better & easier to post process, regardless
of any exposure comp used.

I have found that operating the camera that way has saved my bacon many
times when shooting street scenes & interiors with large windows
(churches etc.) on bright sunny days, especially when you are chasing
moving subjects.

Jay

Replies: Reply from hopsternew at gmail.com (Geoff Hopkinson) ([Leica] IMG: Another Monochrome Lighthouse)
Message from hopsternew at gmail.com (Geoff Hopkinson) ([Leica] IMG: Another Monochrome Lighthouse)