Subject: [Leica] About lenses
From: lrzeitlin at aol.com (lrzeitlin at aol.com)
Date: Tue, 28 Oct 2014 15:33:25 -0400

Kyle,?
The Canon 50mm Serenar, although probably older than you are, is a fine
lens. If it has served your needs for 15 years, why scrap it. Just take it
to a good repairman for a CLR. Any of those listed on the LUG will probably
so a fine job. I recommend Sherry Krauter, mostly because she lives near me.
Lens CLAs are an easy job any should cost but a tiny fraction of a new lens.
Keep it simple.
Larry Z

- - - - -
 Kyle writes:

Hey folks ??

I have this Canon Serenar 50 I?ve been using for 15 years as my main lens
and recently something weird happened, the focus hits a stop about 4mm from
reaching the infinity stop. It happened once before, I was puzzled, and then
? it wasn?t like that anymore.?

Using my x-ray vision, I can see inside the lens and it just looks like a
bunch of elves doing magic, but I have a vague thought that there might be a
screw that marks the infinity point that?s come loose and sometimes sticks
up too far.

I ordered a spanner wrench so I can open it up and look for something
obvious, but apart from there being a loose rock inside the lens, or the
maltise falcon, I?m not sure what to look for.

Any thoughts from the council of Wizards?

This might also be the universe telling me to buy a new lens.