Subject: [Leica] LUG Yearbook 2014 OPEN FOR CONTRIBUTIONS
From: hopsternew at gmail.com (Geoff Hopkinson)
Date: Tue, 4 Nov 2014 16:08:07 +1000

Feeling mischievous are we, Nathan????
By all means send your images anytime between now and Dec 20.

For anyone wishing to exercise the last minute option, humour fail at this
end may mean that I will enforce the time zone option;-)
Your editor is in GMT +10 if you want to try some brinkmanship there ;-)
If they arrive OK in time and we don't need to correspond then they will
make it into the book.

Speaking only as a photographer contributor I've shot enough already this
year to have more than two I'm happy to see in the book ;-)
Right now I am dithering over which of four in fact. I hope I do shoot some
more options over next weeks!
Speaking as the 2014 editor, I'll be really pleased where people do choose
to contribute images made with Leica cameras or lenses but it is entirely
up to each contributor as promised.
 I have retained exactly the guidelines that Jim used for us for the
previous editions. I can't speak for the 2015 editor. I don't know who that
is ;-)

Since I'm posting again on this now, I shall add here another explanation
of the image sizes as it still isn't clear to some people contacting me.

If you want the most control and the least adjustments by the Blurb
software:

For left hand page portrait full bleed option you can make the image 2475
pixels high and it will go to the top and bottom edges of the paper
For left hand page landscape full bleed option you can make the image 2888
pixels wide and it will go to the left and right edges of the paper
Or if you want to crop and cover the entire page then you can make your
image 2475 pixels high and 2888 pixels wide of course.

For left hand page portrait with plain white border option you can make the
image 2250 pixels high
For left hand page landscape with plain white border option you can make
the image 2680 pixels wide

For right hand page portrait with plain white paper border you can make the
image 1796 pixels high
For right hand page landscape with plain white paper border you can make
the image 2250 pixels wide

Unless the proportions of your images are exactly the same as the
containers on the pages then there will be some unused area.
If you send images that are larger in pixel numbers on the long side the
Blurb software will shrink (downsample) them to match.
If you send images that are smaller than that dimension for the longest
side they will sit centred within the container and be printed at 300DPI
I won't let the Blurb software crop or stretch any image.

If you send file attachments that are much larger than one to two megabytes
each, the Blurb software will shrink (compress the file size by reducing
the quality) them when I start to upload the bookfile
If you send file attachments that are much smaller than one megabyte you
may lose some quality in the reproduction.

Cheers
Geoff
http://www.pbase.com/hoppyman