Subject: [Leica] IMG: Slurp
From: pklein at threshinc.com (Peter Klein)
Date: Wed, 12 Nov 2014 17:39:23 -0800

Ever seen one of these stick out its tongue?
<https://www.flickr.com/photos/24844563 at
N04/15753050246/in/photostream/lightbox/>

For scale, this is what I first saw:
<http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/pklein/album170/PB110081.jpg.html>
So I set this up:
<http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/pklein/album170/L1009824.jpg.html>

I had in mind a 2001: A Space Odessy shot with the apple as Jupiter and
Drosophila as the Star Baby.  But at that point it flew away. It ever
came back to the spot I'd set up and lit with a desk lamp.  But
eventually it found a microscopic bit of dried juice on the plate, at
the edge of the apple's shadow.  I was able to watch it repeatedly
"tasting" the plate through the EVF at high magnification.

Olympus OM-D E-M5 and OM 50/3.5 Macro lens for the close-up, at 100% pixels.
E-M5 and 25/1.4 for the overview.  Leica M8 and 35 Summicron for the
equipment shot.

--Peter