Subject: [Leica] Forbidden City
From: montoid at earthlink.net (Montie)
Date: Fri, 21 Nov 2014 05:23:40 -0500 (GMT-05:00)

Another interesting travel set!  Pink, Moat (color),and
Piggyback favs.  Fuji? (just curious).

Montie

>>What is called the Forbidden City in Beijing is actually the Emperor's
palace and grounds from the Ming to the Qing dynasties, a period of around
500 years. It is called "Forbidden" because nobody could enter or exit
without the Emperor's permission. It consists of 980 buildings in about 180
acres of land. The day we landed up there it was a public holiday and the
place was crammed with people, as was the huge Tiananmen Square:

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/jayanand/China/China-20141019-2261.jpg.html

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/jayanand/China/China-20141019-2360.jpg.html

As is usual, when I visit places that have been photographed a trillion
times, I concentrate on my fellow tourists, using the buildings and the
area as a background:

Pink:
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/jayanand/China/China-20141019-2360.jpg.html

Recuperation:
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/jayanand/China/China-20141019-2296.jpg.html

Bridge:
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/jayanand/China/China-20141019-2301.jpg.html

Corridor:
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/jayanand/China/China-20141019-2306.jpg.html

Conversation:
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/jayanand/China/China-20141019-2329.jpg.html

Guide:
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/jayanand/China/China-20141019-2356.jpg.html

As we were leaving, I saw this kid:

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/jayanand/China/China-20141019-2390.jpg.html

The exit from the Forbidden City, The Gate of Divine Might:

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/jayanand/China/China-20141019-2390.jpg.html

The moat and walls encircling the complex. By the time we left, the day had
really turned very dreary due to thick smog, so I could not decide whether
B&W or Colour suited the mood, so here is one of each:

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/jayanand/China/China-20141019-2817.jpg.html

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/jayanand/China/China-20141019-2818.jpg.html

Please see LARGE

Comments and criticism, as ever, welcome

Cheers
Jayanand