Subject: [Leica] How to travel with camera gear: the guide to packing
From: leicaslacker at gmail.com (kyle cassidy on the lug)
Date: Mon, 24 Nov 2014 11:16:26 -0500

Inre Adam Bridge?s question about what to take, how to take it ? I?ve
assembled all my knowledge from years as a traveling photographer into
(mostly) one place, if it?s of use to anyone.

Longish, detailed post here:

http://kylecassidy.livejournal.com/768548.html

These are the bullet points:

1) Pack small. Don't check bags.
2) Buy clothes made for backpackers.
3) Use packing cubes.
4) They don't count your clothes as a carry on.
5) You don't have to put your bag in the overhead over your own seat.
6) Get an e-reader.
7) Pack things you can't get at your destination.
8) Pack food.
9) Leave your core travel items in your luggage.
10) Always have enough gear on your person to get the assignment done if you
lose all the rest of your stuff.

Replies: Reply from abridge at mac.com (Adam Bridge) ([Leica] How to travel with camera gear: the guide to packing)
Reply from philippe.amard at sfr.fr (philippe.amard) ([Leica] ***SPAM*** How to travel with camera gear: the guide to packing)
Reply from tedgrant at shaw.ca (Ted Grant) ([Leica] How to travel with camera gear: the guide to packing)