Subject: [Leica] Leica M-A
From: hopsternew at gmail.com (Geoff Hopkinson)
Date: Thu, 27 Nov 2014 17:03:25 +1000

Richard, I think you missed the point of the camera. Of course you could
achieve the same with many of tens of thousand film Leicas still in use as
well.

Nathan you might level that criticism at all three serial production film
M's that Leica Camera is still offering, if you wanted. Similar prices for
each model I think actually? Note this is a serial production model, not
the limited edition special camera announced in May. Some enthusiasts with
the means and motivation will buy them. How do you know that only
collectors will?

I guess, as an user and enthusiast for the brand I just get frustrated
sometimes with different remarks. I'm not interested in any new film M
either for my use but I see no down side in them being still offered. This
is the Centennial year for Leica Camera and the 60th anniversary of the M
system.

Cheers
Geoff
http://www.pbase.com/hoppyman