Subject: [Leica] LUG & Blurb question
From: hopsternew at gmail.com (Geoff Hopkinson)
Date: Sat, 29 Nov 2014 14:15:08 +1000

I did a test convert of another non-related photobook that I edited and
published an eBook version as a test. I don't have my iPad with me to check
as yet, but it looks like it should work fine on IOS devices, not just
iPads.
When you buy you get a download link in a mail to be opened on the device
where you want to download it. In other words, one download, one device.
I shall report in when I get that test on on my (first) iPad which went to
a family meber who will like to have that particular book.

My intent introducing the eBook this year was to broaden the sales while
each copy (print or electronic) will generate exactly the same markup for
Jim's charity. As a glass half full approach I hope that people will enjoy
having the printed volume on their shelf to enjoy and perhaps add an eBook
to their order.

However, I have no connection with all eight books that Jim did with us of
course, except to be in them all.
I would note that it does require some work to convert each book and then
publish it.
Of course it is entirely up to Jim on whether this option (not always
available) is worth doing and if he wants to be pushed out of retirement to
work again on any of those eight!
For whatever my opinion is worth, I thinks it's a big ask on Jim after
eight years of a lot of work for us all.

Don't blame me, Jim, sorry. I hope my decision for THIS year will mean more
copies sold than we would have otherwise and more money to your charity.

Cheers
Geoff
http://www.pbase.com/hoppyman