Subject: [Leica] And now a Lightroom question
From: red735i at verizon.net (Frank Filippone)
Date: Tue, 02 Dec 2014 22:38:50 -0800

Not quite correct...

LR4 will read XE-1 raw files just fine.....  No problems on my setup....

LR is a really great tool for cataloging...   It does not have all the
editing bells and whistles of PS....

Frank Filippone
Red735i at verizon.net

Nathan,

Unfortunately that is why I bought LR5; for my X-Pro1...4.x doesn't read
Fuji files and nor do earlier versions.

Originally PSE didn't either but I have PSE12 which *can* handle them. MOst
of the time I just use PSE.

Personally I am not much enamoured of LR. I had thought that it would give
me lots of advantages. I don't really see them, it's not a usage model that
I am comfortable with. But perhaps I have missed the point.

Fuji normally offers an equivalent, though I can't recall what it is called.
Did you get a copy of that?

Peter

On 02/12/2014 06:26, Nathan Wajsman wrote:
> I just discovered that my Lightroom 4.4 does not recognise the Fuji XT-1
files. Poking around Adobe's sites I see no upgrade that would let me read
those files directly into LR. So I am right now converting to DNG using
their converter and will then import those.

> Are my choices really limited to using this clunky 2-step process and
upgrading to LR5, something which I otherwise have no reason to do? (and no,
I am not interested in other RAW converters or in shooting JPG).

Message from pdzwig at summaventures.com (Peter Dzwig) ([Leica] And now a Lightroom question)